Our US based clients required us to develop a web based invoice capture and management solution that will allow it to store and manage invoices online while automating part of its account payable department.
The challenge was to develop a web-based solution that works in coordination with another OCR application (AutoStore) developed by our partner, which we use to capture our client’s scanned invoices.
• Classify and categorize different type of invoices.
• Extract invoice data from the different type of invoices.
• Provide a secure access to the client to manage their invoice approval process.
• Provide a secure access to the client to search and view all invoices found in the database.
• Provide a secure access to the client’s vendors to monitor the status of submitted invoices.
• Provide report generation of statistical data to aid decision-making.
SICS provided a web-based solution "APSmart" that allows the customer to manage the digitally stored invoices using Microsoft Technology (Microsoft Silverlight and SQL Server, Crystal Reports) with the following features:
• Safely classify PO (Purchase Order) and non-PO invoices eliminating the need to scan different category invoices separately.
• Extract invoice data by reading the line item data from the invoice.
• An interface to manage the different exceptions that may arise such as:
o Missing PO for PO invoices
o Missing Vendor
o Missing Approver for non-PO
o Missing Invoice Number
o Missing Invoice Date
o Missing Invoice Total
• An interface to manage the Invoice Approval Workflow in special circumstances:
o Approval Workflow Mapping using Vendor Name or Invoice Amount
o Approval Workflow Escalation that allows the client to determine the cutting point for initial approvers and escalation process
o Approval Workflow to allow the client manage the assignment of multiple GL Codes (line items) on a single invoice to a single or multiple approvers
• An interface to allow supervisors to perform day-to-day management on activities of invoices.
o Approval mapping to manage invoice processing and workflow
o User management interface that provides the supervisor with user management functionality
o Vendor user management
• An interface to allow supervisors to manage paused invoices that are passed on by data entry clerks for further approval
• An interface to provide different type of reporting
SICS developed a web-based invoice management application using the latest technology that automates the client’s every aspect of their accounts payable processing.
• Programming Language: ASP.Net with MS Silverlight application
• Framework: .NET Framework
• Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2010